LATE REGISTRATION OPEN THROUGH 1/23. CALL 650-393-5593 FOR LINK. WE HAVE REMOVED FORM FROM WEBSITE FOR NOW. WE WILL ALLOW PEOPLE IN ON A CASE-BY-CASE BASIS FOR NOW.
This year all our recital numbers will be connected to Shel Silverstein’s children’s books, poetry, and illustrations. Music, costumes, and concepts will connect to a poem, character, or drawing by Silverstein. In some cases, even poetry or literature in general will be the muse. It’s that time of year when we begin preparations for our spring recital. We have booked the theatre and ask that you save the dates listed below. Location is Skyline College Theatre and we will produce 3 shows! Two will be full evening productions and 1 matinee mini show on Sunday afternoon.
Each class will build a dance in coordination with the discipline covered in weekly lessons. Participation in the recital is optional but we encourage you to join us as the stage time is a very rewarding and inspiring part of the process!
- Recital Registration Open: 12/1/17 – 1/15/18
- Late Registration period: 1/16/18 – 1/23/18 (add $10 to base fee. Increase to $140.00)
- Fittings and Measurements: 12/1/17 – 1/31/18 (at the studio)
- Show Line Up and order complete and publicized: 3/15/18
- Extra tickets on sale: 5/2/18
- Skyline Community College
- 3300 College Drive, San Bruno, CA 94066 Building 1 Room 1250
- Saturday 6/23/18 5:00 pm
- Sunday 6/24/18 2:00 pm–mini show
- Sunday 6/24/18 5:00 pm
- The times listed are show start time. Call times will be slightly earlier to account for pre-show prep
- Mini show will be a smaller and shorter version of the evening shows
- Please note, we can not take requests for placement in specific show times.
- Each Show line-up will be set by teachers and directors.
MANDATORY DRESS REHEARSAL
- Friday 6/22/18 12pm – 8:00pm @ Skyline College Theatre
(You will not be needed for the entire time pocket; especially if performing in one number)
(internal schedule details and show line-ups will be distributed 3/15/18)
HAVE A SMALL FRY DANCER AS WELL?
- Small Fry siblings: Spring Musical Theatre Production is set for Saturday 6/30/18
- Cost: $130.00 per dancer
- Additional numbers: $65.00 each
- Solo and duets numbers: $50.00
- Information on music and costumes for each class/group will circulate via email through the months of December and January.
- 2 tickets included per dancer (not per show or per dance number)
- Extra tickets (pre-sale): $12.00
- Extra tickets (day of): $14.00 (if available, shows do SELL OUT)
BUNDLED FEE INCLUDES
- Participation, fitting, costume, tights (if needed), accessories, 2 tickets per dancer, and show programs.
- PLEASE NOTE, BUNDLED FEE DOES NOT INCLUDE FOOTWEAR.
- Footwear is not included in the bundled fee but for reference sake usually average $25-$35.
- Some classes do dance barefoot. It depends on the discipline and the number/character.
Extra tickets – $12 each PRE-SALE / $14 day of the show
- Each family will receive 2 tickets with their base performance fee.
- Extra tickets – $12 each during pre-sale dates (5/2/18 @8am – 6/20/18 @6pm)
- Extra tickets will go on sale Wednesday 5/2/18.
- Extra tickets are first come first serve, must be paid for in advance, and are non- refundable.
- Extra tickets are limited, and shows do sell out.
- We will create an online form for extra tickets sales. The link to the extra ticket form will be live as of 5/2/18 @ 8am.
Topher Simon Photography
Topher Simon photography will be at the show taking professional shots of your dancer in action. These photos will be available online in a private Principal Arts Gallery. We encourage you to view and purchase files or prints of your child! Photography details will be emailed to performance families during the weeks following the recitals.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
We are excited to start performance plans! While dancing in our recital is optional, we usually get close to 100% participation each year. We hope to see you all there.
“Oh I’m going to ride on The Flying Festoon-
Ill jump on his back and Ill whistle a tune,
And we’ll fly to the outermost tip of the moon,
The Flying Festoon and I.” – Shel Silverstein
Here we go! Round 4!
Principal Arts team