Map My World – June 2022 Recital Information
Principal Creative & Performing Arts Presents our 2022 Dance Recital: “Map My World”
Where: Cañada College Theatre – 4200 Farm Hill Blvd, Redwood City, CA 94061
When: June 25-26, 2022
Times: 3 PM and 6 PM (4 shows in total)
Registration/sign up – YOU MUST OPT IN AND PAY TO PARTICIPATE
- Registration Period: December 1, 2021 to January 20, 2022 – base fee = $130.00
- Late registration period: January 21, 2022 – January 31, 2022 – base fee =$140.00
- NO LATE ADDS BEYOND 1/31/22.
- Thursday, June 23, 2022 1pm – 9pm
- Dress rehearsal for Saturday shows
- Saturday matinees dress rehearsal 3pm
- Saturday evening dress rehearsal 6pm
- Friday, June 24, 2022 9am – 5pm
- Dress rehearsals for Sunday shows
- Sunday matinees dress rehearsal 11am
- Sunday evening dress rehearsal 2:30pm
- Saturday June 25, 2022 1pm – 9pm (shows at 3pm and 6pm)
- Sunday June 26, 2022 1pm – 9pm (shows at 3pm and 6pm)
- Internal details will be set once the lineup is final.
- Line up will be set and circulated in March.
- If you are in one class you will only be in one rehearsal/show. Please hold all dates until lineups are set.
- WE DO NOT TAKE ANY PARENT REQUESTS FOR PARTICULAR SHOW DATES.
Base fee is $130.00 (add $10.00 for late reg period) includes participation, fitting, measurements, tights (if needed), costume, and garment bag. Footwear is not included in base fee. Extra numbers are $75.00 each. Base fee is per dancer. No sibling discounts.
All tickets are $16 pre-sale | $20 at the door
- Pre-sale round 1 4/25/22 – 5/20/22 – families can reserve and pay for 1-4 tickets per performer per show
- Presale round 2 5/23/22 – 6/10/22 – families can reserve and pay for additional tickets beyond the 4 per performer given the show has not sold out.
- Tickets will be distributed starting 6/1/22
- Siblings would each have 4 tickets per show.
- Tickets are nonrefundable.
- No tickets are bundled with your base fee. The ticket will need to be paid for once the pre-sale period is open.
Recital Central – Coming Soon!
Our “RECITAL CENTRAL” page will include all the necessary information about recital, picture day, DVD orders, costume info, venue info. Each recital email sent during prep months will be linked to the recital central page. We will let you know when it’s live.
Our prediction at this time is that audience members will need to wear masks at all 4 of the recital shows. Performers should expect to dance their numbers without a mask on but put their mask back on once they are off stage. We plan to have a table in the wings with labeled plastic bags so that performers can drop their masks off in their designated bag (clean and isolated from other masks ) and then simply come back to the table and get their mask once they are leaving the wings and heading back to the backstage/dressing area.
We will require that all performers, teachers, and parent volunteers present a negative PCR covid test 24-48 hours prior to recital weekend regardless of vaccination status.
We will keep in contact with you on any covid update/needs in the months leading up to the shows. This plan could change given the stages of the pandemic in the first half of 2022.
We will implement and enforce any restrictions put in place by the county and/or Canada College.
Who is eligible!?!?!
Almost all PCPA classes are eligible to perform in the June recital. Performances are optional but very fun and motivating for the students. There are a handful of classes that focus differently and do not create a performance number. Those classes are technique classes, pre-pointe, and private lessons. If your child is taking multiple classes per week you can pick and choose which one(s) you would like to perform. It does not have to be all or nothing as far as recital registration is concerned. If you are excited and up for the challenge of performing all your class numbers that’s also great. We see this as a family decision based on many factors which is why we create multiple options. Our drop down menu on the recital registration form coincides with the class eligible. This will help guide you on classes that will not perform in the recitals.
Way to Work Award
We will continue with our “Way to Work” award this year. Teachers will select 8 soloists. (2 per show) to perform in the recitals. Soloists may be any spectrum of levels and focus; competition track, performance track, on a performance team or not. “Way to Work” award recipients will perform their solo number at a recital free of charge during their designated show. We will hold on to this program until we have graduating seniors. Once we hit that stage we will limit recital solos to graduating seniors in efforts to highlight their accomplishments and create a memorable closing celebration.
Please kindly make a commitment to finishing all the required aspects of performing in a show. It is very difficult for a young beginner class to absorb cast changes in the weeks leading up to the show. These kids are incredibly resilient and they rebound but I am asking you to consider all the layers of the commitment before signing up. I would love it if we could strive for zero late drops in May and June. I’m mentioning this now so you pre-plan travel and vacation needs before committing to a show. I know many of you prioritize PCPA recitals before setting your summer vacations and that truly makes my heart explode. Thank you!!!! Your athlete benefits tremendously from seeing this through to the finale on closing night!
Performance Team families
Please remember that team numbers will be performed once on recital weekend and competitive dancers required to take ballet are also required to otp into the ballet recital number for their required class. If you are taking additional ballet classes beyond the required hour that recital number is optional.
The same holds true for classes that are required for you to stay eligible for teams. If you are taking a class as a team requirement , performing in recital with that class is also part of the requirement. If you have classes in addition to or beyond the minimum requirements those recital numbers are optional.
Your base fee for recital participation was already covered in your team fees (10/1/21). Your charges will be based on adding extra numbers which are $75.00 each.
TA’s do not perform in the class number for the group they are helping.