Small Fry Dance Club LLC and Principal Creative and Performing Arts is hiring!
Principal Creative & Performing Arts is an award-winning dance program in San Mateo California. Jana and Carlos Chapeton are the directors of PCPA, and also the founders of Small Fry Dance Club. We are looking to restructure as we move out of the wave of COVID changes absorbed in 2020.
We are looking for prospective team members in the following areas:
- Studio Director – Full time
- Small Fry Dance Club teachers – Early childhood education focus
- Office management – possibly full time (our preference is for one full time office manager)
- Office/ admin – part time
- Seamstress/costuming – part time
- Ballet teacher able to incorporate pre-pointe and pointe work
- Advanced level Tap teacher
- Performance team teachers and choreographers (exposure to competitions and conventions)
- Lighting designers – seasonal
- Stage managers – seasonal
- Curriculum development Small Fry Dance Club
- Curriculum development Principal Creative and Performing Arts
PCPA is a creative and performing arts program that requires dancers to be both athletes and artists. Our ultimate goal is to instill dance intensity and drive inspired by much more than trophies and sequins. We believe in building strong fundamentals, technique, and discipline through dance training and performance experience. You can count on building a respect and love for dance whether you are training for personal or professional goals.
We have a high percentage of beginners and youngsters. Ideal candidates can commit to hours long term and also help us build up our program studio-wide. Experience dancing, teaching, and performing is required. Dance degree is weighted heavily for the educational setting. Teachers should have reliable transportation, be organized, and self sufficient.
Because we have multiple staffing changes coming this season there is potential for a full time position given you can confidently teach the wide range of ages and styles.
We need a powerhouse dance-lover who can challenge the intermediate students but also equally appreciate the beginning stages. Professionalism with students, teaching team, and parents is a must.
- In house training program for Small Fry preschool classes.
- In house training across styles for PCPA level I.
- Computer and social media skills are very helpful.
- Many of our teachers have office/admin hours worked into their schedules.
- Part time or full-time options are available.
Must have teaching experience.
Dance degree is a huge plus in educational environment.
Professional performance and teaching work accepted and weighted equivalent to educational units.
Reliable, organized, and punctual
Manages balance between creativity and artistry while still placing importance on organization and consistency. We want both please!
Versatility in disciplines
Create age-appropriate lesson plans
must pass background check – FBI and DOJ
HOURS: Part-time, with potential to add hours and make it a FT position in the future. Classes run year round. Based on roles for which you are applying.
HOURLY PAY RATE: $30 – $35 hr. based upon experience and education
Full time positions: salary and benefits details depend on position
Email your cover letter, resume, and headshot (optional) to:
Jana Chapeton email@example.com
1528 S. El Camino Real Suite 208
San Mateo, CA 94402