Dance Birthday Party at PCPA!
Principal Creative and Performing Arts offers private birthday parties for school age children. Although we have a general birthday party dance class plan, we pride ourselves on being able to create an event that is unique and special! Music choices, party themes, class style, and even the teacher can be selected by your dancer! Below you will find an outline of dance party basics.
Please submit the birthday party request form to check on studio availability. The online form is located at the bottom of this page.
Birthday party basics
- The bundled cost is $300.00
- A 50% non-refundable deposit is due upon booking.
- Cost includes up to 14 dancers and their families.
- Additional children are $12/each up to 20 children max. (In the dance class)
- Please be aware of your total guest attendees. This number should not exceed 45.
- Recommended ages for PCPA parties are children turning 5-12 years old.
We plan and lead a private class for your birthday dancer and guests. The theme can be defined by you and your child. Some ideas could include:
- Musical Theatre Party. (Could be attached to a show or character)
- Hip Hop dance party,
- Ballet dance party.
- General dance party.
Your dancer can even be the teacher or the DJ during his/her party!
We also provide 12 latex helium balloons for your party.
Parties are 2 hours long with 30 minutes at the top and bottom of the event for set up and break down. (3 hrs. total)
Pre- and post-party time should include birthday party family only. (Immediate family in for help fine)
1-week Countdown check in.
- Final Guest list is due 1 week prior to event. We will bill according to the list. No refunds for dancers that do not show up the day of the party, as we will be staffing based on your original list.
- Please let us know at one week check in if the children attending will be dropped off or they will have parents in attendance.
- Each family will need to sign a release of liability waiver before their child participates in the group dance class.
- The balance is due 1 week before your event.
We are currently taking party reservations for Saturdays only.
Possible times are:
3:00pm – 5:00pm
3:30pm – 5:30pm
4:00pm – 6:00pm
Please note we have only one birthday party each Saturday afternoon. We also have limited refrigeration accommodations. Please let us know if you need any food items refrigerated.
Fog machines and bubble machines are not allowed.
No food in the dance studios. (Lobby okay)
No shoes in studio C.
No open flames. (chafing dishes)
Provided by Small Fry Dance Club on the day of your event.
- 2 6ft folding tables for food and or sweet treats
- 2-3 6ft folding tables for dancer seating area
- 1 4 ft. card table for presents and favors
- 12 latex helium balloons. Color selected by you and your child.
- 1 dance studio (age/size of group may determine studio we use)
- 1 or 2 teachers to lead a private 45-minute dance class
- One staff member (host) to assist with setup and clean up.
- You dancer will also get a surprise gift from Principal Arts!
Families typically bring:
- 3-4 Plastic Table cloths
- Food and drinks
- Sweet treat
- Plastic silver wear
- Serving utensils
- Decorations – we have painters tape to hang banners or signs. We are open to decorations and ready to help. We just need to be conscious of not damaging the walls.
A Typical Party
We can customize to fit your needs but this is our typical internal schedule:
- 30-min prior to party start time for setup. Birthday Party family only
- 15-min Meet and greet arrival time
- 45-min dance class
- 30-min for food or a sweet treat
- Remaining 30 min can be up to you. Some families have booked face painters, balloon artists, played games, or hired a character.
- 30min post party to pack up and clean up. Birthday Party family only.
Want to book our space for other types of parties, fundraisers, or events?
Contact us at 650-393-5593 and we would be happy to discuss other possibilities.